Sunday, April 22, 2018

Kung Pao Shrimp

Kung Pao is one of my favorite Chinese restaurant dishes.  I found this recipe from my cookbook "Madame Wong's Long-Life Chinese Cookbook".  Kung Pao was originally made with chicken but I love making it with shrimp.  It always includes vegetables (I used green peppers and scallions), whole dried chili peppers and roasted peanuts.  The stir-fry sauce is a mixture of chili paste (I used Sriracha), soy sauce, Chinese cooking wine, sugar and sesame see oil.  I also used a little oyster sauce.  I stir-fried the shrimp and vegetables separately, then tossed everything with the sauce and cooked a few minutes longer.  




No comments:

Post a Comment

Teriyaki Salmon, Broccoli and Rice

One of my 2022 goals is to explore Japanese food.  Tonight I made salmon with homemade teriyaki sauce and a side of steamed broccoli drizzle...