Monday, January 15, 2018

Japanese Teriyaki Salmon

I love salmon and this is quite possibly my favorite new way of enjoying it.  I found the recipe on Just one Cookbook where I've found quite a few wonderful Asian recipes.  The teriyaki sauce is simply a mixture of equal parts soy sauce, sake and mirin, with a dash of sugar or honey.  The salmon is very lightly dredged in flour then cooked on all sides for about 3-4 minutes in butter and canola oil.  A tablespoon of sake is added then the fish is steamed for approximately 8-10 minutes depending on its thickness.  Remove the fish then add the teriyaki mixture to the pan and cook until it is reduced down.  Pour over the salmon and serve.
https://www.justonecookbook.com/teriyaki-salmon-recipe/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teriyaki Salmon, Broccoli and Rice

One of my 2022 goals is to explore Japanese food.  Tonight I made salmon with homemade teriyaki sauce and a side of steamed broccoli drizzle...