Saturday, January 20, 2018

Chinese Ginger Beef and Broccoli

I found this recipe on one of my favorite websites for Asian recipes, rasamalaysia.com.  It's filled with hundreds of easy and delicious recipes.  I love beef and broccoli for take-out so I decided to make a healthier at-home version.  I bought stir-fry beef strips at my local Sprouts market which makes the dish even quicker and easier.  The beef is marinated in soy sauce, sesame oil, rice wine or sherry (I used Shaoxing wine), corn starch and pepper.  Heat oil in a wok and stir-fry ginger for a few minutes, then add the beef.  Cook until almost done then add the broccoli.  Add the brown sauce and continue to stir-fry until done. The brown sauce consists of a mixture of soy sauce, oyster sauce, sesame oil, sugar and corn starch.  Before serving, sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds.
http://rasamalaysia.com/beef-and-broccoli-recipe/2/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teriyaki Salmon, Broccoli and Rice

One of my 2022 goals is to explore Japanese food.  Tonight I made salmon with homemade teriyaki sauce and a side of steamed broccoli drizzle...