Monday, January 22, 2018

Korean Pan-Fried Shrimp (Saeujeon)

This is one of my favorite ways to eat shrimp.  I found the recipe in my Craig Claiborne International cookbook, copyright 1971, and Maangchi, one of my favorite YouTube foodies has a wonderful step-by-step video.  Preparing the shrimp is a little labor intensive but if you do that early in the day, you will have a 10 minute meal for dinner.  Remove shells from the shrimp and butterfly them, then dust in flour and dredge in beaten eggs.  Pan-fry in oil and serve with a dipping sauce made of soy sauce, vinegar and a few drops of sesame oil.  I also dipped red bell pepper rings in the flour and eggs and pan-fried them as a healthy accompaniment to the shrimp. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Teriyaki Salmon, Broccoli and Rice

One of my 2022 goals is to explore Japanese food.  Tonight I made salmon with homemade teriyaki sauce and a side of steamed broccoli drizzle...