Monday, October 15, 2018

Sriracha Honey Salmon

I found this wonderful pan-seared Asian salmon recipe on rasamalaysia.com.  I bought a cut of salmon with skin on from my local Safeway for $3.42.  I mention the price because pan-seared salmon at most restaurants is easily $25.  The salmon filet is marinated for 1-2 hours in a mixture of Sriracha, rice vinegar, honey, soy sauce, grated fresh ginger and minced garlic.  Drizzle a little toasted sesame oil in a pan and sear skin side down for several minutes, then flip and sear the other side.  Flip again and pour the marinade over the salmon and continue cooking until just barely done.  Salmon is best when it's not overcooked.  Serve topped with sliced scallions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teriyaki Salmon, Broccoli and Rice

One of my 2022 goals is to explore Japanese food.  Tonight I made salmon with homemade teriyaki sauce and a side of steamed broccoli drizzle...