Friday, September 21, 2018

Shishito Peppers (Kkwarigochu)

I was at my local Farmer's Market with a neighbor and she asked if I had ever had shishito peppers.  I told her I was familiar with them and that they seemed to have recently burst on the culinary scene but that I had never eaten them.  They are popular as a side dish in Korean cooking.  She said she roasts hers with a little olive oil and sprinkles them with sea salt.  I looked at a few recipes on-line and decided to blister them in a cast iron skillet.  I tossed the peppers in a little canola oil then put them in a piping hot cast iron skillet and cooked until they were soft with a nice char on the skin.  I sprinkled a little pink Himalayan sea salt on them and what a delicacy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Teriyaki Salmon, Broccoli and Rice

One of my 2022 goals is to explore Japanese food.  Tonight I made salmon with homemade teriyaki sauce and a side of steamed broccoli drizzle...